Title: Breaking the rules – An affirmative approach to mental health leadership
This short online self-study course, based on the Breaking the Barriers face-to-face courses, will run over five days. Input will be in the form of short learning objects, activities, discussion and reflection. You will have the option to join an online event on the morning of Friday 18th which will be recorded.
If you are a FACES sector leader/manager or aspire to be a leader this course will help you now and in the future to make positive change happen for mental health in your organisation.
Our approach will enable you to develop your knowledge of MH in the context of existing and new leadership theories, applying the latter to the former through a series of digital leadership challenges.
We want the full diversity of staff in FACES sector, who are current or aspiring leaders and managers. We are especially keen to reach colleagues who have lived experience of barriers to their own CPD and progression that are linked to identities and being able to be present as yourself in the workplace.
To get the most out of this course, you need to be committed working critically and collaboratively to maintain the integrity of mental health and wellbeing in adult education.
The course will equip you to make the most of the opportunities you have around mental health wellbeing and organisational diversity. You will develop your leadership understanding and skills in a ‘Thinking Environment’ and based on your own context, you will identify a unique leadership task, which you will continue to develop with the support of an online community.
• Articulate the challenges and priorities you face as a leader of mental health in your particular context and identify what you want to change and achieve
• Measure the effectiveness of your changing thinking and the actions you try out and critically evaluate whether they have the desired impact
• Overcome personal barriers to collegiate professional practice within and outwith your organisation and personal and professional comfort zone/s
If you are experiencing any issues with using the ETF booking form you can also book and pay for your place by emailing email@example.com or calling on 020 8253 8246.
There may be a limited number of bursaries available for this course. If you wish to register for a bursary visit the bursaries page for more information
A short self-study online course, studied over a one week period with the option to join a live session for just £100. Challenge and change your thinking and increase your confidence in your mental health leadership.
• Takes an affirmative approach to mental health leadership, welcomes neurodiversity - refusing to construct it as a deficit or problem.
• Views mental health and wellbeing as a positive ingredient for all of our identities and resilience and that of our learners, colleagues and organisations.
• Puts mental health and wellbeing leadership under a pan-equalities lens.
• Sees effective leadership as central to improvement - especially in the complex real world circumstances we work and learn in
• Recognises that anyone can lead for mental health, regardless of their job title, position in an organisational hierarchy or where they are at in their career journey
• Proposes systems thinking and the sharing of leadership across organisations as ways to achieve change for mental health and wellbeing and improve outcomes
• Challenges your thinking and increase your confidence in your mental health leadershipÂÂÂ